Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Make Believe



Make Believe

Alice.
Where did you go when you
crawled through that wooden door?
Please tell me, for I have to know;
I believe my world is in need of something more.

Something fresh or something new,
something that could lay me down to sleep.
A glimpse of hope or a glance at love,
that is all I really need.

So tell me,
where was your fairytale?
And why can I not make believe?
Where was your knight in shining armor?
Your reprieve?

Dorothy.
How did you feel when you
came home from the surreal?
And if given the chance,
would you wish against those heels?

Would you close your eyes and count to three?
Click your feet and from reality flee?
I know it sounds so tempting to be
deliberately lost and unintentionally free.

So tell me,
Where is your fairytale?
And why can I not make believe?
Where is your knight in shining armor?
Your reprieve?

Wendy.
You must come home from that land,
from that land of Never Ever.
Honey please, you can’t believe
that you’ll stay that young forever.

For while wishes and dreams
are here to stay,
your body and soul
must eventually fade.

 I’m telling you
There is no fairytale.
You simply cannot just make believe.
And there is no knight in shining armor,
There will be no reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment